[The annual sediment release procedure at Xiaolangdi Dam on the Yellow River in Henan province, China. According to the Daily Mail, "this annual operation sees more than 30 million tonnes of silt sent downstream a year, with more than 390 million tonnes shifted this way over the last 13 years". It is noteworthy, from the perspective […]
- hyper-reality: a new vision of the future
- dredgefest louisiana
- finance fundamentals i
- signs and obscure marks
- elephant butte reservoir
- sediment trap and release
- excess seaweed
- very bad futurists
- unknown fields division: madgascar
- feedback: designing the dredge cycle
- the geopolitics of subtraction
- future baroque
- changing industrial landscapes and the city that never was
- bracket goes soft
- louisiana state university
- Anchorite: If NM fails to meet its water obligations to TX they don’t pay a simple penalty, a federal judge...
- Jack Doil: The governor did not make that decision, it was because Texas and Mexico filed lawsuits for their water.
- Zen: Bullshit, The reason the butte is so low is because suddenly the New Mexico Governor decided it would honor a...
- Jack Doil: As a fishing guide on this lake, I am living this drought every day. We will make it and the lake will...
- Neil (@fitnr): Nice to see Lydia’s work here! She was my student long ago in the GSD Career Discovery program.
- Annick Labeca: A very good post that raises lots of questions. Are architects simply futurists? Your post leads me to...
- Dams in Southwestern US: in use today. This line is not arbitrary, rather it actually explains why Powell saw the...
- faslanyc: Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I think she is right on- the who and the what for? are essential...
- atenbrink: Very nicely presented Rob.
- rholmes: Thanks, Nam.
tagsanthropocene architectural-criticism architecture army-corps-of-engineers atchafalaya china climate-change competitions dredge ecological-urbanism-at-gsd economics flood-control geology glacier-island-storm hacking-infrastructure hydrology infrastructural-vernacular infrastructure internet iphone kazys-varnelis landscape landscape-architecture landscape-futures landscape-infrastructures landscape-urbanism los angeles louisiana mississippi-river networked-urbanism new-urbanism new york city photography post-industrial post-natural-ecologies re-industrial reading-the-infrastructural-city readings soft-systems suburbia technology transportation urbanism video-games waste