One of the best of the print architectural critics, Christopher Hawthorne, writes about his recent visit to Medellin in the LA Times, and offers a well-rounded evaluation of the significance of the notable projects completed there in the past decade. While the most important thing about Medellín’s new architecture is, as Hawthorne writes and mammoth […]
- hyper-reality: a new vision of the future
- dredgefest louisiana
- finance fundamentals i
- signs and obscure marks
- elephant butte reservoir
- sediment trap and release
- excess seaweed
- very bad futurists
- unknown fields division: madgascar
- feedback: designing the dredge cycle
- the geopolitics of subtraction
- future baroque
- changing industrial landscapes and the city that never was
- bracket goes soft
- louisiana state university
- Anchorite: If NM fails to meet its water obligations to TX they don’t pay a simple penalty, a federal judge...
- Jack Doil: The governor did not make that decision, it was because Texas and Mexico filed lawsuits for their water.
- Zen: Bullshit, The reason the butte is so low is because suddenly the New Mexico Governor decided it would honor a...
- Jack Doil: As a fishing guide on this lake, I am living this drought every day. We will make it and the lake will...
- Neil (@fitnr): Nice to see Lydia’s work here! She was my student long ago in the GSD Career Discovery program.
- Annick Labeca: A very good post that raises lots of questions. Are architects simply futurists? Your post leads me to...
- Dams in Southwestern US: in use today. This line is not arbitrary, rather it actually explains why Powell saw the...
- faslanyc: Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I think she is right on- the who and the what for? are essential...
- atenbrink: Very nicely presented Rob.
- rholmes: Thanks, Nam.
tagsanthropocene architectural-criticism architecture army-corps-of-engineers atchafalaya china climate-change competitions dredge ecological-urbanism-at-gsd economics flood-control geology glacier-island-storm hacking-infrastructure hydrology infrastructural-vernacular infrastructure internet iphone kazys-varnelis landscape landscape-architecture landscape-futures landscape-infrastructures landscape-urbanism los angeles louisiana mississippi-river networked-urbanism new-urbanism new york city photography post-industrial post-natural-ecologies re-industrial reading-the-infrastructural-city readings soft-systems suburbia technology transportation urbanism video-games waste