[The strange spray-painted glyphs marking "our subterranean infrastructure"; image source.] Nicola Twilley walks with the Center for Land Use Interpretation, for Good Magazine‘s Los Angeles issue: “Armed only with a manila folder stuffed full of clippings, archive photos, and annotated printouts from Wikimapia, our first stop is the median strip on the 9500 block of [...]
- unknown fields division: madgascar
- feedback: designing the dredge cycle
- the geopolitics of subtraction
- future baroque
- changing industrial landscapes and the city that never was
- bracket goes soft
- louisiana state university
- making the geologic now
- longshore transport and littoral drift
- response survey
- dredgefest nyc: video archive
- event horizon
- “a map for what?”
- Dams in Southwestern US: in use today. This line is not arbitrary, rather it actually explains why Powell saw the...
- faslanyc: Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I think she is right on- the who and the what for? are essential...
- atenbrink: Very nicely presented Rob.
- rholmes: Thanks, Nam.
- namhenderson: Love this! Infrastructural design as political landscape….
- namhenderson: For more check out WiredScience http://www.wired.com/wiredscie nce/2012/07/western-fire-tr...
- Rodinne domy: I love picture of lanscape from space. I Add this site to my favorit websites. Interesting pictures and...
- matei denes: Pretty sure you have seen these: http://projects.nytimes.com/ce nsus/2010/map But wanted to bring them...
- rholmes: The mapping bears this out for the Canadian cities studied, as well — note the large swathes of blue,...
- Wanderer: I can’t speak for Canada, but in the United States there are numerous suburban...
tagsanthropocene architectural-criticism architecture army-corps-of-engineers atchafalaya china climate-change competitions dredge ecological-urbanism-at-gsd economics flood-control geology glacier-island-storm hacking-infrastructure hydrology infrastructural-vernacular infrastructure internet invisible-cities iphone kazys-varnelis landscape landscape-architecture landscape-infrastructures landscape-urbanism los angeles mississippi-river networked-urbanism new-urbanism new york city organization-work photography post-industrial post-natural-ecologies re-industrial reading-the-infrastructural-city readings soft-systems suburbia technology transportation urbanism video-games waste