["Montreal: Percentage of residents who drive to work, live in single-detached housing, and own their homes", from Moos and Kramer's Atlas of Suburbanisms.] The University of Waterloo’s Atlas of Suburbanisms — a research project by the School of Planning’s Markus Moos and Anna Kramer — looks like a fantastic effort to understand Canadian suburbs on their […]
- suburban futures
- pilot projects
- territorial reclamation
- landscape information modeling
- mesosphere excavations
- environments of extraction
- glitches, flash crashes, and very bad futurists
- north coast design competition
- sediment and wind
- land-making machines
- the collision of geologic time and infrastructural control
- hyper-reality: a new vision of the future
- dredgefest louisiana
- Julian Raxworthy: Interesting discussion Rob, and great to be referred to and introduced to your blog. Reading this...
- Thoughts on Everything under the Sun or I am a guilty Secularist: 30;] h/t m.ammoth.us […]
- Anchorite: If NM fails to meet its water obligations to TX they don’t pay a simple penalty, a federal judge...
- Jack Doil: The governor did not make that decision, it was because Texas and Mexico filed lawsuits for their water.
- Zen: Bullshit, The reason the butte is so low is because suddenly the New Mexico Governor decided it would honor a...
- Jack Doil: As a fishing guide on this lake, I am living this drought every day. We will make it and the lake will...
- Neil (@fitnr): Nice to see Lydia’s work here! She was my student long ago in the GSD Career Discovery program.
- Annick Labeca: A very good post that raises lots of questions. Are architects simply futurists? Your post leads me to...
- Dams in Southwestern US: in use today. This line is not arbitrary, rather it actually explains why Powell saw the...
- faslanyc: Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I think she is right on- the who and the what for? are essential...
tagsanthropocene architectural-criticism architecture army-corps-of-engineers atchafalaya china climate-change competitions dredge ecological-urbanism-at-gsd economics flood-control geology glacier-island-storm hacking-infrastructure hydrology infrastructural-vernacular infrastructure internet iphone kazys-varnelis landscape landscape-architecture landscape-futures landscape-infrastructures landscape-urbanism los angeles louisiana mississippi-river networked-urbanism new-urbanism new york city photography post-industrial post-natural-ecologies re-industrial reading-the-infrastructural-city readings soft-systems suburbia technology transportation urbanism video-games waste