[The Dredge Research Collaborative — Stephen, Tim Maly, and myself, with fourth member Brett Milligan present in spirit but not body — in live conversation back in January at Studio-X NYC about the dredge cycle, artificial islands, geotubes, sensate geotextiles coating aqueous terrain, the scale of human influence over sediment, the New York Bight’s “Mud Dump Site”, other landscapes of dredge, and the potential involvement of the design disciplines in the territories affected by anthropogenic sediment handling practices. As we mentioned then, we’re planning to be back in New York, again with Studio-X, for a longer event this fall, where we’ll talk to organizations operating on and designers designing for the landscapes of dredge, as well as getting out into and exploring those landscapes (by boat!). Further details will be forthcoming.]
- dredgefest california
- prosthetic landscapes in a time of acceleration
- Excavations, Shockwaves, and Limits
- on landscape science
- sea ice small multiples
- the dredge underground
- the five thousand pound life: land
- suburban futures
- pilot projects
- territorial reclamation
- landscape information modeling
- mesosphere excavations
- environments of extraction
- rholmes: Thanks for your comments, all. Brian: I look forward to your further thoughts on my first two points. Where...
- Michael: A little late to the party but here nonetheless. Needless to say I’m quite sympathetic to the pursuit...
- building nothing out of something: 30;] home // hide asides // links // index.archive // contact us // teaching //...
- Brian: well, there are few things more gratifying than producing something that people I admire and draw from engage...
- Brett: So it seems it would be great if the new Places interface could include a comment forum to give the authors...
- Ryan Lee Waldron, PE: I don’t think Landscape Architecture should be renamed landscape science, just as I...
- Alan Wiig: For whatever reason, when reading this commentary I thought of John McPhee’s book The Pine Barrens,...
- Julian Raxworthy: Interesting discussion Rob, and great to be referred to and introduced to your blog. Reading this...
- Thoughts on Everything under the Sun or I am a guilty Secularist: 30;] h/t m.ammoth.us […]
- Anchorite: If NM fails to meet its water obligations to TX they don’t pay a simple penalty, a federal judge...
tagsanthropocene architectural-criticism architecture army-corps-of-engineers atchafalaya china climate-change competitions dredge dredge-research-collaborative ecological-urbanism-at-gsd economics flood-control geology glacier-island-storm hacking-infrastructure hydrology infrastructural-vernacular infrastructure internet iphone kazys-varnelis landscape landscape-architecture landscape-futures landscape-infrastructures landscape-urbanism los angeles louisiana mississippi-river networked-urbanism new-urbanism new york city photography post-industrial re-industrial reading-the-infrastructural-city readings soft-systems suburbia technology transportation urbanism video-games waste