[A lost cargo container located by the NOAA ship Thomas Jefferson (below, in operation post-Sandy) on the bottom of the New York harbor.] After Sandy, ports along the east coast path of the hurricane were closed, including the Port of Virginia in Hampton Roads and, of course, the Port of New York and New Jersey, in large [...]
- the geopolitics of subtraction
- future baroque
- changing industrial landscapes and the city that never was
- bracket goes soft
- louisiana state university
- making the geologic now
- longshore transport and littoral drift
- response survey
- dredgefest nyc: video archive
- event horizon
- “a map for what?”
- petrochemical america
- a short video about dredge
- Dams in Southwestern US: in use today. This line is not arbitrary, rather it actually explains why Powell saw the...
- faslanyc: Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I think she is right on- the who and the what for? are essential...
- atenbrink: Very nicely presented Rob.
- rholmes: Thanks, Nam.
- namhenderson: Love this! Infrastructural design as political landscape….
- namhenderson: For more check out WiredScience http://www.wired.com/wiredscie nce/2012/07/western-fire-tr...
- Rodinne domy: I love picture of lanscape from space. I Add this site to my favorit websites. Interesting pictures and...
- matei denes: Pretty sure you have seen these: http://projects.nytimes.com/ce nsus/2010/map But wanted to bring them...
- rholmes: The mapping bears this out for the Canadian cities studied, as well — note the large swathes of blue,...
- Wanderer: I can’t speak for Canada, but in the United States there are numerous suburban...
tagsanthropocene architectural-criticism architecture army-corps-of-engineers atchafalaya china climate-change competitions dredge ecological-urbanism-at-gsd economics flood-control geology glacier-island-storm hacking-infrastructure hydrology infrastructural-vernacular infrastructure internet invisible-cities iphone kazys-varnelis landscape landscape-architecture landscape-infrastructures landscape-urbanism los angeles mississippi-river networked-urbanism new-urbanism new york city organization-work photography post-industrial post-natural-ecologies re-industrial reading-the-infrastructural-city readings soft-systems suburbia technology transportation urbanism video-games waste